mercredi 29 avril 2009

Last minute preparations/derniers préparatifs

As a teen-ager, I fantasized about walking across Canada. I even went so far as to order the Bruce Trail guidebook, to my mother’s great amusement. I never imagined that one day I would walk across Spain with my daughter.

We are now 6 days to departure. Being an obsessive-compulsive planner/worrier (one of the traits that might have Nadine reconsidering spending those millions of seconds in her mother’s company), I am prepared for this trip. I have read books and blogs, grilled people who have been on the trail (thanks Lola and Ingrid!) and tried to prepare for every eventuality. Somehow, I forgot to consider the possibility of a flu pandemic….

So far, the trip is on. No physician I have mentioned this to has suggested otherwise. We will bring a course of Tamiflu each and a couple of N-95 masks. And if by next Monday it appears that traveling is not wise, then, being the obsessive-compulsive planner/worrier that I am, I have a plan B. (no, it doesn’t involve walking across Canada).

Il ya deux ans, mes filles m’ont offert pour mon anniversaire le livre de Simone Bettinger L’escargot du chemin: 42 jours sur le chemin de compostelle.” paru en 2007. Dans l’une des premières pages, l’auteure québecoise constate qu’elle est “une personne assez en forme malgré mes 56 ans, mon soufflé au coeur, ma scoliose, et mes pieds plats.” Hé! J’ai presque le même âge! J’ai une scoliose! J’ai les pieds plats! Cette idée de marcher le Camino n’est pas si bête après tout.

Je crois que je suis en forme. Il y a 10 jours, j’ai marché 21 km et je n’ai ressenti le moindre mal le lendemain. Evidemment, 21 km sur les collines douces de Victoria, ce n’est pas tout à fait la meme chose que 25 km à travers les Pyrenées, mais ce n’est pas si mal non plus. Ces derniers jours, toutes sortes de vieilles chansons françaises de marche me viennent à l’esprit: “Marche en avant…la vie est la plus belle aventure” “Sur la route, il faut marcher, aléaléo”. Hmmm… je pense que Nadine va être contente qu’elle a emporté son iPod!

Gisèle

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire